Friday 18 December 2009

Silence!

Louder than Lagos in it's elements on a busy work day.
Louder than the drums of war that beat in deadly rythms in the heated conflict zones of our dear mother earth.
Louder than the drowning sounds of power generating sets that threaten our sanity and that many a night rob us of sweet sleep.
Louder than the droning sound of a '747' or the sharp outburst of the F-16.
Louder than the clapping thunder and the raging blue sea at high tide.
Louder than the tune of heavy percussion from the steady beats of a heart that's found love.

Silence!

Screaming Silence!

Ear piercing, high pitched, glass shattering Silence!

Into the deep recesses of my soul I must search and find this wonderful gift.

For in it I can gather strength and focus.
In it I can open the portals of hindsight, dwell on the threshes of insight, and embrace the infinite frontiers of foresight.

In silence I can dream.

In silence I can momentarily leave the terrestrial and attendant woes and commune with the celestial.

In silence I can heal from the deep wounds, bruises and scars that have rocked my tender heart.

In silence I can muster courage to face the giant, life and snatch my sanity back from the madness of everyday living!

Silence!, my loudest and most cherished noise form.

Olusola Olaoluwakitan.

No comments:

Post a Comment